What is Consolidated Tenders
The Consolidated Tenders Platform
The Consolidated Tenders Platform is a multi-tenant ‘Software as a Service’ that powering online tendering portals of multiple state, territory and local governments.
States working cooperatively to build a common tendering platform has lots of benefits for all:
- Better value for money for states.
- Changes made for one state are available for all.
- Consistency in system operation for suppliers who operate across jurisdictions.
- The ability to aggregate data so that suppliers have a one stop shop.
- The ability for suppliers to maintain only one set of profile data.
- Improving the quality of their profile, whilst reducing their cost of maintaining the same information in multiple locations.
It is analogous to an online banking system, where everybody uses the same banking application, but only sees their own data.
When you go to www.tenders.sa.gov.au you see the branding of Tenders SA and the content of Tenders SA. When you go to www.tenders.vic.gov.au you see the branding of Buying for Victoria and the content of Buying for Victoria.
All of the tenant site’s data appears on the aggregate site www.consolidatedtenders.com.
What is a Tenant?
A tenant is a group of buyers who buy under the auspices of an overarching organisation or contracting body. This could be a government jurisdiction, and association or industry peak body. Typically, Consolidated Tenders tenants are state governments or local government associations.
A buyer will have an account on their tenant’s site. All the approaches to market that the buyer publishes will appear on the tenant’s site. Additionally, they will also appear on the Consolidated Tenders Site.
The Consolidated Tenders Site
The Consolidated Tenders Platform is the primary source of all data used by the associated tendering websites and the Consolidated Tenders site. This allows the Consolidated Tenders Site to provide a single website containing all data on the associated tendering sites.
This means that we can give you
- One place to search all tenders
- One daily tender notification
- One account login on all tendering sites
- One supplier profile. Market to all buyers
- One Tender Document Library
- One location to recall and past tender responses
As the data is on the Consolidated Tenders Platform, as soon as any buyer updates any detail on a tenant website or Consolidated Tenders, it is updated on the Consolidated Tenders Platform.